Bible teachers – this is for you!
If you are new to teaching a Bible study, this site will give you a great start. If you are a veteran teacher, this site will give you resources to become a better teacher – a great teacher, even!
What is a “great Bible teacher?”
How would you define a “great” Bible teacher? Probably as one with spiritual depth, Biblical knowledge, and love. They encourage fellowship, instill knowledge, and inspire transformation. They “speak the truth in love.” (Eph 4:15)
What is the goal of Great Bible Teachers?
Our goal is to provide excellent resources, training, and curriculum that help good Bible teachers become great Bible teachers.
What are the issues we address?
Here are some issues that Great Bible Teachers addresses:
How can I teach the Bible effectively during a pandemic?
Class members see one another for a few minutes each week. How can I help them be better connected to one another?
Biblical literacy is at an all-time low. How can I teach in a way that my class members know more of the Bible?
People can have Biblical knowledge but they are not necessarily transformed by that knowledge. How can I teach in a way that inspires transformation?
Training for Bible teachers is scarce. Where can I receive training that will educate me on the best teaching practices?
Where can I find a curriculum that is Biblically-based, spiritually deep, reasonably priced, and easy to prepare?
If you have these concerns, you have come to the right place! Subscribe to our email list to be updated about new blog posts, new training resources, and an upcoming exciting curriculum series.
What resources does GBT provide?
- A free weekly blog for information and inspiration
- A free weekly video interview with Christian authors, scholars, and practitioners.
- A reasonably priced online course, “How to Effectively Teach the Bible as You Zoom.”
- A simple, yet insightful, book on teaching the Bible, “The Alphabet of Errors: How to Teach the Bible Better.” Available by Kindle or print from Amazon.
- Dr. Rick Jordan is available to speak to your group in person or by virtual conference call.
- A free email to notify you about the blog’s subject and the week’s interviewee.